Taylor's Students Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help finding accommodation?

+5
limsy045
ongky007
tanmy041
lainy001
CHIWY023
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need help finding accommodation? Empty Need help finding accommodation?

Post by CHIWY023 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Don't get panic when you're facing trouble in finding accommodation around Adelaide. Just post your concerns here and we'll try our best to help you out!
CHIWY023
CHIWY023

http://www.chinwynn.com

Back to top Go down

Need help finding accommodation? Empty Re: Need help finding accommodation?

Post by lainy001 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:59 pm

like what was stated above it is better to post your worries at the forum and we will reply as soon as possible. but if anyone would prefer to keep their privacy, it is advice to PM, the moderator or check the contact list so you can contact the right person. moderator is the name display on the secondary topic. example, under accomodation topic the current moderator is limsy045.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tanmy041 Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 am

is there got accommodation that the lease is half year and nearby chinatown? is best to have town house, that 3 ppls can fit in

tanmy041

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:51 am

you mean you are looking for half a year contract? hrm mostly they are one you but if you are able to get someone to replace you it works fine. or you can try asking the owner and not unilodge since unilodge only provide year contract at some houses. you still can check out their website there are places which is half year contract only.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ongky007 Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:53 pm

i am looking for an apartment, but i am alone. so i need find a single room. is there any suggestion? can help me find a room? i dont wan Urbanest coz it is too expensive and over my budget. is thr any room is around 170 - 180 aus dollor per week? and i dont like stay with malay people also...

ongky007

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:19 pm

towers apartment would be a good choice but you cant really choose who you do not want to stay with as they some times changes. as in old tannent will leave and new people will come in. and those will mostly require friend to actually help you secure the place as it is not under unilodge or so. risky but cheaper.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ongky007 Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 am

do u mean i need ask from my friend to help me to book a room for me? how do i reserve or book a room from an apartment? izit just go to d link that post at accommodation there and key in my name those thing then they will reply me whether there still have room available?

ongky007

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:47 am

you can do that or go through agent which is more safer. but most probably you will have to pay few week extra depend on when you arrive and when contract starts. erm as for how to book apartment sorry I am unable to help but will contact the person in charge now to ask them to get to you as soon as possible.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 am

just some extra information from what I know places under unilodge have contract and i think most of them start beginning febuary and our class start mid febuary i think so you will most likely lose few week if you come when class start or miss chinese new year. XD but anyway you can wait till last minute but that is risky as they may run out of accommodation. I will try posting requesting for accomonodation or ask around if you are interested.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ongky007 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:18 am

my friend say it is most room will confirm to me on december izit true? can you help me find a single room for me also? because i really no idea how to find room due to im alone... is there still have any room at tobin apartment for single room for me 1 person? can send the info for me have a look?

ongky007

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:23 am

hrm if I am not wrong tobin is abit expensive. I am currently staying at tower and I some time see some room available and quite cheap. but if you do not want to stay with malay that can not be gaurenteed. you can try contacting unilodge for information if I am not wrong they should already allow booking of place to stay only that you are require to pay 2 weeks advance rent which will later on be your 2 weeks rent but if you decide not to stay at their place the money pay will not be refund.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ongky007 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:33 am

can i get the contact number like email for d room available in tower as u mention which is still available?

ongky007

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:38 am

I will have to get them later. but dont wait for it, as most of them require you to start paying early like late january. safer to look under unilodge but I will put a few contact here later on. anyway if I am not wrong exam is coming up so good luck Very Happy
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by limsy045 Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi Ongky,

You can actually consider to rent a 1 bedroom share apartment with shared bathroom at $165 per week for a 52 weeks lease from student living.

Here is the details:
http://www.studentliving.com.au/adelaide-accommodation/edge-town-houses

If you have any queries or would like to make a booking, please contact with student living directly by email or phone.

Hope that this helps.

limsy045

Back to top Go down

Post by ongky007 Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:55 pm

can i book at december? at that time still will have room available? because now i want focus in my final exam, so think want consider or book after exam... how to contact with student living?

ongky007

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm

just click the contact us and fill up the blanks
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin yeoh Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 pm

you can go to the city west apartments on the accommodation forum here and click the link to their website. they are quite slow in replying so it would be better if you could just send them an email stating your interest in renting an edge townhouse. Smile
kelvin yeoh
kelvin yeoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouettes Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:27 pm

yeokc004 wrote:you can go to the city west apartments on the accommodation forum here and click the link to their website. they are quite slow in replying so it would be better if you could just send them an email stating your interest in renting an edge townhouse. Smile

hi im kinda interested in staying in apartments with another 2 friends of mine. we've got our eye on UV apartments but is there any other options we could consider? in the range of 150 - 170.
thanks =). and Kelvin did mention about getting cheated when booking before when he came down for the talk in taylors around 3 weeks ago. can u advise on how to go about booking? through agent or myself?

Silhouettes

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 pm

about the cheating I am not sure. but if you are using student living I dont think they cheat since most dealing will be written in contract. I think cheating will be if you ask a friend who help you look for places and no contract was sign and stuff. for this type of loan its best to ask your friend to look for maybe 1 or 2 weeks before your arrival as if they pay now the owner might cheat and stuff I think.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin yeoh Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:14 pm

what i would advise you to do is go to student living and find an apartment. even though they are slow, they are safe. if you are going out of student living to get an accommodation, what i would advise you to do is either send an email to kelvin.yeoh@unisa.edu.au or vernon.foo@unisa.edu.au to us to check for you.

scams are everywhere even with written contracts. so it would be great if you would take extra precaution. we will be having a session with students who are transiting to UniSA in 2011 with their parents so if you would state your interest to kelvin.yeoh@unisa.edu.au about this session to discuss anything at all, we will constantly keep in touch with you.

regards,
kelvin yeoh
student engagement officer
university of south australia
+61 430 830 005 / kelvin.yeoh@unisa.edu.au
kelvin yeoh
kelvin yeoh

Back to top Go down

Post by yuez1991 Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:37 pm

hello, As i will be moving in alone, and i have shortlisted some apartment,
1)Edge townhouse
2)Urbanest
3)Unilodge@Metro
4)UV apartment
5) City west Apartment.
Which of these apartment is better? in the sense of nearer to campus and supermarkets? And which would be cheaper?? I also need a roomate, is that possible to be assist by the operater??
yuez1991
yuez1991

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:23 pm

i think urbenest will be the most expensive. and at most they are like 15 min away from uni. city west edge town i think may be slightly away from rundle mall. but i think they are nearer to central market. basicly i think not much or problem regarding distance. as for room mate maybe you can ask student living about it.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yuez1991 Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:34 pm

In term of the rental cost..which of it is cheaper? in your opinion of course.
yuez1991
yuez1991

Back to top Go down

Post by lainy001 Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:50 pm

i think townhouse is the cheapest but you can try urbanest they have some quite good offer but just that it has some flaw.
lainy001
lainy001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yuez1991 Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:09 pm

What kind of flaw??? but i dont understand their offer... $169 per week for twin shared..means wat?? i email them already but they have not reply..hmm
yuez1991
yuez1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next